- 3 Reasons Why You Need A Rainy Day FundPosted 4 years ago
- 10 Best Warren Buffett Quotes [Infographic]Posted 4 years ago
- Best Time to Buy List – 3 Items for Every Month of the YearPosted 4 years ago
- How To Automate Your FinancesPosted 4 years ago
- Important: Get Your Financial Shit In Order Before You DiePosted 4 years ago
- The Debt Argument: What You Should Pay Off FirstPosted 4 years ago
6 Tech Myths That Might Be Costing You Money
A friend of mine recently approached me about buying a new computer. I asked what model they were looking for, what it was to be used for, and what they were looking to spend. A no-brainer in my eyes – buy a refurbished model. I did some research to further validate my response on why refurbished products are the way to go and came across an awesome article on Lifehacker. I discovered it wasn’t only computers we are often paying too much for; the article goes on to discuss numerous pieces of technology that we are constantly overpaying for.
“Technology myths spread through a number of channels. Perhaps it’s as simple as a retailer pushing overpriced products, or it’s the stigma of not buying something brand new.”
So, if you’re like me and enjoy saving a few dollars while maintaining awesome quality, check out Thorin Klosowskis’ tips in “6 Common Tech Myths That Cost You Money.” You’ll learn a bit more about refurbed products, audio and video cables, and whether that extended warranty is really worth it.
Photo Credit: x-ray delta one