- 3 Reasons Why You Need A Rainy Day FundPosted 4 years ago
- 10 Best Warren Buffett Quotes [Infographic]Posted 4 years ago
- Best Time to Buy List – 3 Items for Every Month of the YearPosted 4 years ago
- How To Automate Your FinancesPosted 4 years ago
- Important: Get Your Financial Shit In Order Before You DiePosted 4 years ago
- The Debt Argument: What You Should Pay Off FirstPosted 4 years ago
What Would YOU Do With a Million Dollars?
Everyone is guilty of imagining they have a million dollars. Some people dream of winning the lottery, while others plan on working hard and spending wisely for thirty years to accumulate their nest egg. Either way, nowadays, a million dollars really isn’t what it used to be.
Moneyning – a personal finance blog breaks down what to do with a million dollars to make it last:
“I think we’re all very aware that a million dollars isn’t what it used to be. In either scenario, whether you have worked and accumulated a million dollars, or whether you’ve received a windfall, you absolutely cannot go crazy and start spending uncontrollably. Let’s take a look at what you CAN do with a million dollars.”
Sure, you could take the million and treat your family and friends to a vacation and maybe buy yourself a couple cars or a new house. I’m sure this would generate short term happiness but the million wouldn’t last long. The intent of the article is to offer some suggestions on how to make that million last through investing for income, asset allocation, and spending wisely. You need to be smart with your money but it doesn’t mean you can’t splurge a little either.
Get street smart on what to do with a million bucks in Vered Deleeuvs article here: What Would You Do WIth A Million Dollars?
Photo Credit: rbbaird