- 3 Reasons Why You Need A Rainy Day FundPosted 10 months ago
- 10 Best Warren Buffett Quotes [Infographic]Posted 10 months ago
- Best Time to Buy List – 3 Items for Every Month of the YearPosted 10 months ago
- How To Automate Your FinancesPosted 10 months ago
- Important: Get Your Financial Shit In Order Before You DiePosted 10 months ago
- The Debt Argument: What You Should Pay Off FirstPosted 10 months ago
How To Get An Internship On Wall Street
Every year, Wall Street is inundated with letters from investment banking intern wannabes touting their resumes, skills, and Ivy League pedigrees. Not many of them make it from the pile to to a phone call, and according to one Wall Streeter, many become subject to ridicule via chain mail.
On Monday, an undeniably street smart kid sent a letter that impressed.
The letter was brutally honest, blunt, straightforward, and put forth a good case for giving the kid a shot. Guess what? The Wall Street people loved it. Here’s an excerpt:
“I have no qualms about fetching coffee, shining shoes or picking up laundry, and will work for next to nothing. In all honesty, I just want to be around professionals in the industry and gain as much knowledge as I can.
I won’t waste your time inflating my credentials, throwing around exaggerated job titles, or feeding you a line of crapp (sic) about how my past experiences and skill set align perfectly for an investment banking internship. The truth is I have no unbelievably special skills or genius eccentricities, but I do have a near perfect GPA and will work hard for you. I’ve interned for Merrill Lynch in the Wealth Management Division and taken an investment banking class at <removed>, for whatever it is worth.”
Take notes, people. This is how you stand out from a crowd. Kudos to the kid.
Check out the full article over at Business Insider.
Read more: Kid Sends Perfectly Blunt Cover Letter For Wall Street Internship, And Now Tons Of People Are Trying To Hire Him | Business Insider
Photo Credit: Alex E. Proimos