- 3 Reasons Why You Need A Rainy Day FundPosted 4 years ago
- 10 Best Warren Buffett Quotes [Infographic]Posted 4 years ago
- Best Time to Buy List – 3 Items for Every Month of the YearPosted 4 years ago
- How To Automate Your FinancesPosted 4 years ago
- Important: Get Your Financial Shit In Order Before You DiePosted 4 years ago
- The Debt Argument: What You Should Pay Off FirstPosted 4 years ago
How To Build Your Credit From Nothing
To many people, building their credit score is about as foreign to them as Twitter is to my great-grandmother. Throw in terms like credit utilization percentage or soft and hard credit pulls and the whole thing can really make your head spin.
Regardless, the vast majority of people, whether they like it or not, will have to depend on their credit score at some point in life. Whether it’s securing a mortgage, apartment, or car lease, everyone’s time will come.
Luckily, some people, like the folks over at Quizzle, DO know the ins and outs of building a solid score.
“In the end, people make credit out to be more complicated than it probably needs to be. The best thing you can do to maintain and build your credit to obtain a solid credit score is to pay off your bills on time, each month, no exceptions. One late payment can significantly damage your credit score, especially when you’re just getting started.”
This article outlines 6 simple steps to building a credit history the right way. The overarching lessons: don’t spend more than you have to show lenders you’re the type of person they want to lend money to.
For all 6 steps, check out the full article on LifeHacker: How To Build Your Credit From Nothing In Six Simple Steps