- 3 Reasons Why You Need A Rainy Day FundPosted 4 years ago
- 10 Best Warren Buffett Quotes [Infographic]Posted 4 years ago
- Best Time to Buy List – 3 Items for Every Month of the YearPosted 4 years ago
- How To Automate Your FinancesPosted 4 years ago
- Important: Get Your Financial Shit In Order Before You DiePosted 4 years ago
- The Debt Argument: What You Should Pay Off FirstPosted 4 years ago
Important: Get Your Financial Shit In Order Before You Die
Nobody wants to think about their impending death, but if you want to make sure you’re not leaving behind a huge financial burden for your loved ones should the unthinkable happen earlier than you expect, you need to get your shit together.
Chanel, the creator of Get Your Shit Together, started the site after tragedy struck her family. She has this to say about getting your money in order before you make the hike up to the pearly gates:
“I made about 60% of what my husband made. We were making good income, but we didn’t save much or plan well. Then, I had to float a family on dramatically less than what we used to make. It is only because of the generosity of relatives and friends that I was ok. Without the help, or the insurance, I would have been totally screwed, lost the house, went bankrupt, who knows. I was frighteningly vulnerable. Really, it’s embarrassing, but it’s true – and is likely true for many of you.”
It’s a lesson we can all learn something from. If you don’t have things ready, do yourself and your family a favor and head over to GYST and have a look around. You’ll find all sorts of checklists and templates to help you get your financial life in order. Do it now just in case.
Photo Credit: isayx3